Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Heroes

Okay, so after a week of new shows I've come to realize that I prefer my seasoned favorites like a creature of habit. The Office, Earl, Survivor, Amazing Race, Grey's Anatomy, CSI, Boston Legal, all the stuff I've been watching for 2 or 3 years, this is where I feel happiest while passing time in front of the idiot box. The new shows I've tuned into have just not grabbed me, not much has tickled my fancy. Except Heroes that is.

The dream of every small boy is to obtain superpowers, and I was no different than most boys. However, I probably spent less time worrying about how I could use my powers for good and more time wondering if X-Ray vision would make me see boobs or bones. Heroes on NBC debuted practically commercial free last night and replayed tonight inviting viewers to watch as a group of ordinary people come to the realization that they possess special powers. In a word, I found the show intriguing.

In Lost fashion, the show appears to be slowly unveiling as little tangible information as possible to hook you in for a full season, but the premiere did give us some broad strokes about how these folks will band together to save mankind. I was worried going in that this would be X-Men-ish, but instead of mutants we have a cheerleader, a male nurse, a politician, a Japanese business man and a soothsaying, junkie artist. And there's an imposing man with glasses who is chasing(?) after an Indian professor who is trying to continue his deceased father's work.

It's early in the year, and there's still some show yet to bow, but right now I'm kind of digging the Monday night 9-11 double shot of Heroes and Studio 60 as my favorite new spot on the tube. Feeling like I'm 11 years old again for an hour a week works for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home