Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Rock Star Supernova - Week 2

From bad to worse goes the showcase of potential rockers looking to grace the stage with Tommy Lee, Jason Newsted and Gilby Clarke for what I'm sure will be a very brief and poorly attended concert tour. Last week's elimination round featured 3 dudes, all of which don't fit the mold that this band of ex-metal dudes is looking for. I knew I was in trouble when the guy I liked of the three was the one who wound up getting the boot.

This week's showcase once again proved that Tommy Lee, et al are dopes. They select a pool of songs for all of the candidates to sing, most of which appear to be comtemporary alternative stuff like The Killers, Coldplay, etc. or classics like Jumpin Jack Flash and Born to be Wild; then they wind up berating the shitty candidates for poor song selection. You clowns picked the songs!!! Why not give these kids a chance to sing some Motley Crue or Guns and Roses or Metalicca? Oh, probably because none of these bozos actually wrote any material when they were in those bands.

My only safe bet is that Galena will go far this year. The strongest female, perhaps strongest contestant, Galena manages to bring originalilty and flair to her songs. This week she changed up the classic Ring of Fire by Johnny Cash and made it sound completely new, something that I'm certain was challenging. I'll continue to watch and see how this unfolds, but I'm not having fun people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home