Monday, October 09, 2006

Tobias Froberg - Somewhere in the City

Scandanavian music conjurs up thoughts of Black Metal (loud, classical music theory meets dark lyrical themes) to me, so when I hear about musical artists from this region of Europe I'm always slightly skeptical about what I'm going to get. Recently however, Scandanavia has given us the lush, sensual, sensitive vocals and an acoustic guitar playing of Jose Gonzalez. Jose sounds more like Nick Drake than Venom and I've had a hard time putting Veneer, his most recent album, down. And now I've stumbled across a fellow country man of Jose's from Sweden named Tobias Froberg and I'm dying to share him with all of you.


Tobias is more Shout Out Louds meets Belle and Sebastian than Nick Drake, but I think Jose and Tobias compliment each other when listened to in tandem. I'm already wishing for a dream tour that would come by Augusta, GA, a double bill of these two guys playing at the Imperial Theater sounds nice. The release Somewhere in the City, available through both eMusic and Itunes through Cheap Lullaby Records, is a snappy, eclectic grouping of tunes that are timeless and beautiful. It's easy listening for the indie generation!

Standout Tracks: Oh My Love (Here She Comes Again), What A Day

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home