Wednesday, November 08, 2006

All I Want For Christmas is...

My two front teeth? You? Nope. Here's a collection of things that would make me a very happy dork come the morning of December 25th. It's never too early to start thinking about the season of getting. Oh wait, it's the season of giving isn't it? My bad.

I love to read. It's my favorite thing to do after watching TV, going to the movies, watching a movie from Netflix, reading a magazine and listening to music. So here's a couple books on my radar for the yule tide.

Chuck Klosterman is my second favorite writer behind David Sedaris. Sex, Drugs and Cocoa Puffs is like my manifesto. Chuck put out a new book a few months back, but I'm not really into hardbacks so I've held off from making the purchase. Not sure when this bad boy is going soft cover, but I still want a copy of Chuck Klosterman IV: A Decade of Curious People and Dangerous Ideas.
chuck-klosterman-iv.jpg


If you don't know about Frank Warren's website Post Secret then you are missing out. A few years ago Frank started an art project where people would send him post cards with secrets on them. This evolved into a very engrossing website and then again into a book last year aptly named Post Secret. Well, time for a follow up since the book no doubt spawned a new barrage of post cards Frank's way. My Secret just came out and I'm looking at my copy of Post Secret on the bookcase and it looks lonely.
warren book.jpg


And finally, I think a movie geek like me would appreciate The A List: The National Society of Film Critics' 100 Essential Movies. Just for the hell of it.

Some people like shoes. Women oh and ah over certain wedges, ballet flats or heels. And men get caught up on the latest Nike sneakers. Me, I'm kind of weird in that I like wallets and man bags. Bags are like my kryponite, if I see one in a store I touch it, sling it over my shoulder and test out the fit. In this electronic age I find a bag necessary to cart around my Ipod Nano, my digital camera, my cell phone, gum, my laptop...so laugh if you want, I'm just being practical. ReLoad Bags makes customer messenger bags which are sturdy and fashionable and I'm partial to the Civilian version. And when it comes to wallets, well I'm just not into the standard bi-fold, black leather standard issue that Grandmom gets me for Christmas every couple of years. I like my wallet to have pizazz. Poketo! has a line of wallets done by artists that tickle my fancy...like this one:
dran.jpg


Musically speaking, I'm more of an Itunes downloader these days but two CDs are out that I kind of want/need to grab the old fashion way. Paolo Nutini, who Joolie wrote about before, has an EP that merely tipped the iceberg on what this kid is capable of. But that's all Itunes have. However, his full length These Streets was released in July in Europe and can be purchased as an import which probably means it will cost too much and will no doubt be released domestically in 2007.
paolo.jpg
And then I want to grab Sean Lennon's new album, not because he seems to have replaced the deceased Elliot Smith as a moody troubador who warbles through depressing ballads, but because his new one comes with a DVD that includes videos for each song on the disc. Call me curious even though I'm more of Julian Lennon fan.

And for my shoot for the stars gift I figured I would go big or go home and so I think my new living room (I'm moving in early 2007 into a house...I know, so domestic.) would love to have this baby on the wall above the couch:
dirty harry.jpg



There you have it. Everyting I want (outside of World Peace, a Democratic President (Senate: check, Congress: check) and an end to a foolish war (why am I paying $2.20 at the pump still?))for Christmas this year.

1 Comments:

At 4:18 AM, Blogger Scooter said...

Whoa. I've already received two of these items (A List book and Sean Lennon's disc) as birthday gifts this weekend. I guess people do read this here site.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home