Monday, October 23, 2006

Howard Stern

I've been a fan since 1987 when I was a sophmore in high school. He's not everyone's cup of tea, but I am sure that if you were a fan when he was still on Free FM radio than you probably miss him a little bit. Well, I couldn't resist the temptation to grab Sirius satellite when Howard made the move last January mostly because FM radio in the South is stuck in 1992 and it's littered with stations devoted to Country and Gospel. I figured I would get commercial free radio and Howard for one low price each month.

And boy am I happy. The $13 cost each month is nothing for all the joy Howard brings me on my commute both to and from work (they replay the show 24 hours a day on one of Howard's two channels) and I even get to hear an Eagles game once in a while on a Sunday due to the NFL contract Sirius snatched from XM. Plus the music is diverse and more importanly devoid of interruptions. So I guess I'm urging you to consider getting Sirius like an Amway salesman. Not exactly. I'm merely using this outlet to point out that October 25 and 26 you can listen to Howard for free on the web by signing up here.

I might be biased being a huge fan and all, but the show is a million times better on FCC-free airwaves and I urge you to give it a listen even if it's for 20 minutes during the free preview.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home