Saturday, December 16, 2006

Best of 2006 : Film

It's time for the year end list bullshit that is required of all blog sites. Let's get her rolling with my choices for best films of the past year. Let me preface that with the continuing development in technology (Tivo and Netflix) and rising movie ticket prices, I've kind of slowed down running to the theater to see every movie that hits the multiplex. But of what I did see, here's what I thought was the best.

1. Borat
2. Jackass 2
3. The Devil Wears Prada
4. Little Miss Sunshine
5. An Inconvenient Truth
6. Brick
7. Thank You For Smoking
8. Slither
9. Inside Man
10. The Break Up

Now I bet you were expecting some art house fare, or at least some of the front runners in the Oscar race...but I do live in the South now. We don't get exposed to much in the way of the talked about pictures. We get Cars, Happy Feet, Over the Hedge and Superman Returns of 21 of the 22 screens on a typical weekend. My Netflix list is blown up, so I plan on seeing as much as can of the lot that are getting the year end buzz elsewhere before the big night (Academy Awards).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home