Thursday, January 18, 2007

American Idol

Is there a bigger phenom in TV history? The show just keeps getting bigger and bigger and bigger. The audition show from Tuesday night was the second highest rated episode ever. An audition show people!!!

Now being the TV whore that I am, I did tune into all four hours this week and here's what I've learned.

1. The show is getting meaner and meaner. It was funny when a bad audition was buried in among some talented folks, but now it's just relentless. They do full profiles of a person before you even get to hear them sing and then they are a trainwreck. Why make these people who are clearly fans look like such fools?

2. Paula is getting higher. As in "that bitch is on something." I thought she was asleep during the entire episode that featured Jewel. Didn't hear her make a peep. Strangeness.

3. They have to be planting some of these people. There is no way that these folks are that delusional. The monkey eyed kid and his fat retarded buddy? The red headed pot head guy? The mother/daughter team in awful wigs and red lipstick? I just can't imagine these people exist.

Part of me wishes they would forgo this audition process on TV and just give us a singing competetion. However, I do know people who watch the show only during this part of the season for the comedy of it. One thing you can't deny is the absolute water cooler aspect of this show. I honestly find myself getting a funny look on my face when I run across someone who didn't watch last night. For some reason, I don't trust those people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home