Thursday, August 10, 2006

Double Elimination Rock Star!

I guess the fellas are getting as restless as the rest of us in watching people who are clearly not a good fit for Supernova perform week after week like lambs to the slaughter. Last night both Jill (the NY Italian fire plug) and Josh (the Jason Mraz meets Jamiroqui dude) got the boot in the ass by Tommy Hawk, the witty name he created for himself after week's of proclaiming himself the "hacket man" when it came time for the elimination.

This week was suprisingly strong as far as performances go. How the Cuban chica managed to avoid the bottom 3 after warbling through All The Young Dudes dressed like an absolute imbecile eludes me. Gold lame jumpsuit, top hat and platform fuck me pumps? I am tempted to think that the viewers have turned on this show since it's utter frivolous garbage and decided to keep her in it as comic relief each week. With the exception of her latest embarassment and Jill's questionable selection of a Tracy Bonham semi-hit from 12 years ago, I kind of liked everyone this week.

The front runners are starting to separate from the group and I think Dilana, Lucas, Magni and Storm are going to make up the final four. That's based on not only performance, but fit within the band. They just look like they would mesh well with the boys in my humble opinion.

Hey, what about Ryan Star's odd performance of Paint It Black? That shit was b-a-n-a-n-a-s. That is the reason I watch this show, the wacky stunts people pull to win favor with the judges. I love to see guy's wear eye makeup and shudder after delivering a heart felt lyric and get handed a mega phone to sing into. It makes the show way more entertaining that way, dontcha think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home