Monday, July 17, 2006

Planet Hollywood - WTF?

Sometimes I come across news items that just make me scratch my head. None more so then when dealing with the entertainment world. And so while flipping through the pages of Entertainment Weekly today I came across some items that I just couldn't believe. In fact, one of these items actually made me close the magazine and search the cover for some hint that this issue was filled with bogus stuff just as a prank. Sadly, no such luck.


Mo'Nique's Big Girl pageant is on TV as we speak. I can't imagine many people are watching this, and I can't recall but I'll take a guess it's airing on the WE network or something equally as useless, but maybe a few lay abouts will give this a shot.. The sad reality of life in America is that no one finds fat girls attractive. Not even fat girls do. I'm all about giving some women a self esteem push, but having the annoying Mo'Nique parade these women around under the guise of a beauty contest just seems cruel to me.

Speaking of cruel, Road House 2 is going direct to DVD this week. Huh? Did I read this right? Road House 2? Johnathon Schaech, hot on the heels from his divorce from Christina Applegate, not only preposterously stars as Patrick Swayze's son but co-wrote the script. Pepper in Crazy Jack Busey as the foil and this has the makings of a classic. Classic piece of shit that is. Schaech should have his Hollywood license revoked at this point. In going over his resume his two greatest accomplishments seem to be starring in the very endearing That Thing You Do! 10 years ago and marrying Christina Applegate. Don't believe me? Check out his resume on IMDB. 8MM 2 was actually made by a studio? I'm in shock.

And finally today, Parker Posey has made another movie to further tarnish her indie movie queen status from yesteryear. The Oh in Ohio is apparently centered around a woman who discovers that a vibrator gives you an orgasm if used properly. I love Parker Posey, but how low has she fallen? And if the vibrator aspect of this movie doesn't make you want to vomit, this will. Parker's love interest is Danny Devito in this. All together now....EWWWWWWWWW.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home