Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Rock Star Supernova

Gilby Clarke is homosexual. I don't say this with any sort of judgement, I'm merely pointing out a fact. Berating a female singer for grinding on him is perhaps that most pathetic situation that has appeared on this montrosity. The poor gal, Jill, was nearly in tears after watching back the footage from last night on tonight's kick off show. Was she crying because she regretted the choice to grinding a gay guy or was she just sad she was called out for using her sexuality instead of actually singing?

Sidenote: I'm writing this while the poor foreign chick, the one with with questionable wardrobe selections who I think is Cuban, is butchering K's Choice and I'm stunned that someone who cannot sing in English is a finalist for this sham band.

So Patrice was first up in the bottom three this week. And I think she got a bum deal considering her song selection was Black Crowe's Remedy. That song sucks so bad I can't imagine anyone on the show being able to breathe life into it. Thankfully she chose a pretty heavy Radiohead track, My Iron Lung, so she regained some credibility and showed some balls tonight.

Next up was our little friend, who as mentioned warbled incoherently through I'm Not An Addict tonight, and if she doesn't go this week I may consider tuning out for good. She's annoying, not attractive and can't speak English. On second thought maybe she is the juice that Supernova needs to broaden their market internationally?

Phil Ritchie opted on a song that no one knows tonight, a Failure tune and needed badly to erase the memory of his One Headlight Wallflowers cover from last night. Phil is another victim of song choice in my book. One Headlight? How is doing that song grooming him for Supernova exactly?

Speaking of Supernova, did you hear their new single played for the contestants in the mansion last night? Tragic. So much for "a totally new sound" Gilby. The buzz on the net is that the contestants were underwhelmed by the tune. Last week's castoff Jenny is running her mouth everywhere about how terrible the song sounded, the lack of enthusiasm inside the mansion and the rumor that everyone on the show thinks the band is a total sham and won't even play more than once as a unit after the big New Year's Eve gig in Vegas. Pop Will Eat Itself!

Line of the week was uttered by Dave Navarro: "The difference is that I have a job and you are auditioning for one!" Dave must be bitter over Carmen leaving him. He can't be seriously referring to the new band he is in, can he? I think he's referring to this hostingduties on this crap fest. And that's just sad.

This just in: The Cuban Crackhead survives! I'm officially besides myself. WTF? The band questioned Phil's committment? Did I hear that right? You are a fake band!!! Tune in next week to see if I can bring myself to watch this shit again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home