Wednesday, August 30, 2006

The Office

Well it took a couple years, but it's official the American version of the best sitcom ever doesn't suck. The Office won the Emmy for Outstanding Comedy Series this past weekend, and deservedly so I might add. As a huge fan of the Ricky Gervais version of the show, I was very worried when this show launched here in the States. At the time I only really knew Steve Carrell from his Daily Show reports, and although I thought he was funny, I didn't think he would make a good, inept boss. And Rainn Wilson (Dwight) was kind of creepy on Six Feet Under, but not as ugly as his British counterpart Gareth Keenan played by Mackenzie Crook and I thought that was going to be a mistake as well. How wrong was I? Steve is like the new Jim Carrey thanks to the success of his film career and Rainn Wilson makes up for what he lacks in the ugly area by taking the odd factor through the roof!

I'm thrilled that the show has come into it's own, and very juiced to see how the whole Jim and Pam situation works out now that they smooched. Remember when sitcoms used to always have cliff hanger finales? They bug you at first, then you get real excited a couple weeks before the new season starts. I love it. And on September 21st, we will get some answers (hopefully) and some laughs (naturally). If you can't wait that long, check out the webisodes up on The Office website that feature Oscar, Keith and Angela trying to find some stolen money from the Dunder Miflin books.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home