Thursday, August 17, 2006

My New Favorite Album


Why oh why do I feel like I'm on a spaceship catapaulting through the cosmos when I hear the latest Muse album, Black Holes and Revelations? This epic rock album is big, bold, and bottomless. My two favorite tracks so far are "Supermassive Blackhole" and "Invincible". It has been four years since their last album, "Absolution" came out, but America was really only introduced to the band a year or so ago.

Matt Bellamy, the lead vocalist, has been compared to Thom Yorke countless times--but don't let that scare you away. Muse should be given a chance and not just filed away as a "band that sounds a bit like Radiohead".

Now if only I can catch them live; they were given the Brit Award in 2005 for Best Live Act.

1 Comments:

At 11:02 AM, Blogger Ryan Sullivan said...

poison scooter kicks ass!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home