Friday, November 24, 2006

Foo Fighters - Skin and Bones

Even back when Nirvana was around, you know Kurt pre-death and all, I only really liked them for their drummer. Something about the sound of the drums on Nevermind made me like Dave Grohl immensely. And then when the Unplugged concert came out and Dave was doing back up vocals for Kurt, I was like...hmm...I like his voice. Now that Foo Fighters have had a more sustaining career than Nirvana, I think people will finally come over to my way of thinking. Dave Grohl is a better singer and songwriter than Kurt Cobain. Seriously.

And the band has always been able to do it both ways. The Foo rock plugged or unplugged, it's just that simple. Skin and Bones just came out, no doubt a way to cash in for the holidays, and it is gorgeous. Live, acoustic versions of all the band's greatest songs. Stand outs include the opening track Razor and Best of You. If you like the Fighters even a smidge, you won't be disappointed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home